Canvas shoes have a reputation. They are known to be the most comfortable pairs of shoes anyone can ever have. However, in as much as they are comfortable to wear, keeping them clean and glossy can be quite a task, especially if they are white in colour.
If you own a pair or more of canvas shoes, you might be worried about the stains they might get when you walk around in them. Not to worry; we believe that you can put on that favourite pair of sneakers and stroll without worry. Below are a few tricks on how to keep your white pair of men’s canvas shoes clean and sparkly. Keep reading
- Gather everything you need – A soft brush or an old toothbrush, mild laundry detergent, baking soda, and white cream polish.
- Remove the laces if any – Start by removing the shoe laces and clean them separately. If you have a huge pile of clothes to clean, you can put the laces with the rest of your laundry.
- Shake off loose dirt – Before cleaning the shoes, ensure that you shake off the excess dirt. If the shoes are still wet with mud, let the dirt dry off first before washing them. This will make it easier for you to remove the excess mud.
- Scrub your shoes – Casual shoes for men should be scrubbed with warm soapy water. Ensure that you start from outside to the inside, with the sole being the first thing you clean. If the shoes have foot odour, clean the insides thoroughly with water and baking soda paste. Rinse off with clean cool water.
- Cover the shoes with paper towel and air dry them – After you have thoroughly cleaned the shoes, cover them with paper towel to help absorb the excess moisture. The paper towel will also ensure that dust does not settle on the shoes as they dry. To ensure that the sneakers do not wear out first, do not place them near a fire place or direct heat. Air the shoes until they dry off completely.
- Put a layer of white shoe cream polish – To maintain that glossy finish, ensure that you apply a thin layer of white shoe cream on your pair of canvas. However, check the shoe care instructions that came with the shoes before adding finishing touches to your shoes.
Well, there you have it. Follow the tips to the letter and you will enjoy your sneakers for a long time.