A lot of you might have experienced dark lips. Some can be a cause of lifestyle factors like lack of hydration, cigarette smoking, excessive exposure to the sun, too much caffeine, lip sucking while others can be a cause of medical factors like chemotherapy, anaemia, vitamin deficiency, excessive fluoride use. Either way, if you wish to do something about it and lighten the natural colour of your lips, you can use some dark lips treatments that include home remedies that are safe to use.
How to Lighten Lips: Use the below-mentioned home remedies on a regular basis and after a few uses, you will see the changes on your pigmented lips.
- Lemon and Sugar: Before you get to bed each night, cut a lemon wedge and dip it in sugar. Rub your lips with the sugared lemon. Rinse your lips the next morning with lukewarm water. This will definitely work wonders in reducing the darkness on your lips if you use it consistently for a few weeks.
- Lime, Honey and Glycerin: In a bowl, mix half a teaspoon of fresh lime juice with a teaspoon of honey and glycerin each. Use this mixture on your dark lips before bedtime. Make sure you keep it on through the night and wash your lips the next morning. All of these ingredients will together work to lighten the colour of your pigmented dark lips.
- Turmeric and Milk: You need to mix one tablespoon of milk and enough turmeric powder to make a paste out of these two ingredients. With a wet fingertip, rub the paste on your lips. Leave the paste on your lips for about five minutes and then gently rinse it off with cold water. Make sure to apply a moisturiser or a moisturising lip balm after you dry your lips.
- Pomegranate, Rose Water and Dairy Cream: Mix one tablespoon each of pomegranate seeds and fresh dairy cream with one teaspoon of rose water. Gently massage the paste into your lips for about three minutes. Rinse it off with cool water right after. Repeat this daily to see a difference in your dark lips.
- Rose Water and Honey: Mix a few drops of rose water with a teaspoon of honey and apply it all over your lips. Leave it on for 5-10 minutes and then wipe it off with a washcloth. Repeat this two to three times a day and you will see a noticeable difference in your dark lips.
- Pomegranate, Beetroot and Carrot: Mix one tablespoon each of pomegranate, beetroot and carrot juice. Apply it directly on your dark lips once each day. Make sure to let the mixture stay on your lips for at least 10-15 minutes before wiping it off with a soft cloth.
- Almond Oil and Lime Juice: Mix a few drops of almond oil with half a teaspoon of lime juice and apply it to your lips. This mixture will prevent the darkening of your lips and get rid of any kind of pigmentation on them.
Apart from these home remedies for dark lips, you can also invest in lip care products that are made with natural ingredients. It’ll surprise you knowing how some natural lip balms can change the way your lips look and feel. We’d recommend you try the Pure Sense Macadamia Nourishing Lip Balm. It is made with organic ingredients and is free from sulphates, paraben and carcinogens. The presence of beeswax in this lip balm soothes and moisturises the lip and prevents chapping. Castor oil removes discolouration and gives a fresh look while almond oil keeps the skin on your lips healthy.